"Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." - James 1:19-20
I feel like there have been countless times where I have read passages and not allowed them to settle into action. Yes, works don't buy faith, but as Paul says, what is faith without works? Many a time I have found myself snapping at an innocent bystander, bad mouthing someone, yelling at my mum and within the next hour, spun around and claimed that I live life in Jesus' name. Hypocrisy is something that is much too often tagged with Christianity, and it is something that is unfortunately quite present in the Christian community.
But that is the fundamental truth of it all - we will never be perfect, and that's the very reason why we need Jesus.
{ y k }
No comments:
Post a Comment